fish chowdah (Photo credit: blue.tofu)
Makes 8 servings
- 1 ½ pounds white fish mild (halibut, tilapia,turbot, pollock or sole)
- 1 cup potatoes diced
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers chopped
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of mushroom soup condensed
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can cream of celery soup condensed
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chicken or fish stock
- 1 17-ounce can corn whole kernel (you can also use fresh corn)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Cut raw fish into 1 inch pieces set aside.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté potato, onion, mushrooms and pepper in margarine for 8 to 10 minutes. Add cut fish and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a medium bowl stir together soups, milk and Old Bay Seasoning and fish stock until well blended. Add to sauteed fish mixture.
- Stir in corn. Stirring over medium heat, bring to just under boiling. Add salt, and pepper.
- To serve, sprinkle with paprika.