* 1-3 lbs. of ground lean hamburger
* (1) 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
* (1) 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
* (1) Bag frozen mixed veggies
* 1-3 tbsp. of soy sauce (optional)
* 1-3 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce (optional)
* favorite seasonings
* 1 medium onion
* 1 medium bell pepper
* 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
* 1 bag of onion mushroom soup mix
IN a large pot, brown your hamburger meat. Once it is completely browned, strain and return to large pot. Return to burner and add 1 -2 cups of water and bring hamburger and water to a boil.
Add Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, seasonings, Diced onion, diced pepper, sliced mushrooms and let simmer until onions and peppers are cooked. Add frozen veggies, another cup of water, cover with lid and let simmer until frozen veggies are cooked.
Add onion/mushroom soup packet, stir well. Add one 28 ounce drained can of diced tomatoes, stir well, add one 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes, stir well. Let simmer until supper time on low heat.
Other suggestions with this recipe:
Serve with cornbread or biscuits. Feel free to add fresh veggies to this recipe as well, whatever is in season in your neck of the woods.