Instant Pot Rice

Photography by 
Dawn Gagnon Photography © 2023


 I always thought rice was easy, but it is realllllllllly easy with an instant pot.

If you have struggled with making rice, your instant pot can save you a lot of headaches. There are a few tips though to get the perfect rice, and so I will give you my methods here.

For White Rice, your instant pot may have a "Rice" setting and if so, you just need to remember, 1 cup of water to 1 cup of rice ratio. I do add a couple of tablespoons of margarine to this. 

You'll want to make sure you have your nozzle on top pointed upward once you're ready to start the process so please remember that.

For Brown rice, I cook this manually. Brown rice takes a little longer, and needs a touch more water, so I use a 1 cup brown rice to 1 and 1/8 cup water. This is no fine science, just make sure there's a little more water than rice.  Dump the rice and water into your pot, and add a few tablespoons of margarine.  Give it a stir, put your lid on and set your instant pot to high. I do about 13 minutes. 

You can also add in onion soup mix, chopped chives, or use chicken or beef stock. For brown rice a slow release will give you best results but remember, Brown rice has a slightly chewier texture than white rice, so dont just assume it needs to cook longer, its naturally more textured.

Comments