Looking for a new way to serve chicken? This simple dish is tasty and can be made in a hurry.
- ¼ cup onions minced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 ¼ cups chicken broth or bouillon (reserve ¼ cup for later)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 cup chicken diced cooked
- ½ teaspoons of ground or rubbed sage
- ¼ teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion in butter or margarine for 3 minutes. Stir in flour. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add broth or bouillon, tomato paste and salt. Stirring, bring to a boil and boil until thickened.
- Add half-and-half, chicken, ¼ cup reserved chicken broth, nutmeg and sage. Cook and stir until heated through (do not boil).
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Tips: In a hurry? You can used canned chicken for this recipe if you don't have left over chicken. This can be served over pasta or rice to make it go further if you have a large family.