English: Hunt's barbecue sauce. Español: Salsa barbacoa Hunt's. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
If you have a crock pot this is the easiest way to make your own pulled pork barbeque dish. There are a lot of variations on this recipe, but for those using a crock pot it's pretty goof proof. You can add a lot to this dish but for the basics, follow these simple instructions:
- 1 Boston pork butt
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Make sure you have an adequate sized crock pot for the size of pork butt you are cooking.
- In bottom of crock pot add water and chopped onion
- Place pork butt into the crock pot and season with salt and pepper
- Pour 1 cup of your barbecue sauce on top of the pork butt cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours. You can add more barbecue sauce through out the cooking process as needed or desired.
- To have "pulled" pork, simply remove from Crock pot and pull apart using a fork so that you have shredded pieces of meat. Tip: Use plastic disposable gloves and pull pieces apart manually making sure that the meat has cooled to the point you can comfortably handle it.
- Once you have all the pork shredded, add a few tablespoons of soy sauce, spices and your favorite barbecue sauce for a great pork sandwich.
Barbecued pork sandwiches tastes great with homemade coleslaw, and sweet potato fries. Give it a try!